“Can you please call me the”Bomb~ diggity” Mom? said ever so sweetly by a twelve year old girl on her birthday. She knows I write a birthday post for each of her siblings and she asked me to call her Bomb diggity… ok, check…..”you are the Bomb~ diggity! Times two”…said a Mom whose eyes could only see little hearts through them when she looked at her girl.
Although she is the one pushing the apple cart from behind, I am always the one racing to keep up. Like a horse race, neck and neck. Sometimes I get a nose ahead, but mostly neck and neck. My friend used to tease me about how one day this tiny blond bob with impossibly huge blue oceans for eyes would be the dictator of a small island . Not much has changed except now I don’t see the tiny munchkin running the other way but a funny, warm hearted, vivacious( which could also be taken for a whirlwind of mess) and beautiful young lady. Seriously blink one too many times and poof! Who are these big humans and where did they come from overnight? I feel so blessed to be given the opportunity to be your Mama.
- Thank you for teaching me while I try to teach you.
- Thank you to you and your brothers for growing my heart three times the size
- Thank you for teaching me humour and how to laugh at the “little things”, because that is going to be big in your life.Trust me on that one.
- Thank you for teaching me to practice ” patience.” You can thank me for that one later……:0)
- Thank you for letting me hang out with you, even though you tell me I am “so not cool”….I know you love me…xox
- I have learned so much in my time of being a Mom and we have so much more to learn together.So as you grow, each year, I hope you can expand your heart to love yourself for always, no matter what and know that it isn’t always” all about you”. To learn the art of listening , the joy in giving, how empathy and compassion can open your eyes to a whole different world. How not to sweat the small stuff and be open to new experiences and to accept the differences in other people .
- From the bottom of my heart and with all my soul, thank you for teaching me how to fly without wings. xoxoxox Happy Birthday baby!